Any week of the school year can be chosen as your school’s bullying prevention week. You can raise awareness and focus on the issues, but Bullying Prevention Week in Ontario is actually the 3rd week of November.
Here are some tips for your Bullying Prevention Week:
1. Have a ‘Gotcha’ campaign. Gotcha awards are given to students who are caught being nice, including others or helping children. Publish winner’s first names in the school newsletter.
2. Include bullying tips in morning announcements.
3. Hold a poster contest on the theme of helping others to be safe at school.
4. Challenge your students to write songs about bullying prevention.
5. Invite guest presenters to your school to do anti-bullying assemblies. We will come to your school to do interactive musical Stand Up Against Bullying assemblies.