Bullying, respect and cyber-bullying assemblies were all theme driven assemblies we presented at Gregory Drive Public School in Chatham on Wednesday (Lambton-Kent District School Board – LKDSB). Bruce Langford was also guest speaker at the parent evening session designed for parents and children on internet safety, parenting and bullying. We were impressed with the audience size for a school of under 300 students!
There were 46 adults and children present to see videos, student role-plays and participate in a discussion on the topic of bullying.
- Beware of on-line polls where anonymous comments can be posted. Comments can be mean-spirited, hurtful and devastating.
- Unplug your web-cam when you aren’t using it.
- If someone is bullying you, speak up in a non-confrontational way.
- Build a small group of supportive, trustable friends. You can help each other if necessary.
- Don’t meet people you have met on-line as they may not be the person they said they were. Internet luring has become a big problem.
Principal, Ms. Lynn Sulman administers an impressive school. Her staff and students obviously work together to create an excellent, safe school environment making it an amazing Lambton-Kent school! Kudos to you, Ms. Sulman.